It’s that time again! I’m bringing back something from my old, regular blogging days of the mid-aughts: the Friday Random Ten. I don’t remember who started this tradition, but a bunch of us Philly bloggers would bring this around every Friday. The basic rules are:
- fire up your digital music player
- go to “all songs“ and shuffle play everything
- note the first 10 songs to show up, without skipping anything
- create your playlist
Today’s Friday Random Ten, brought to you by other folks joining the party! Thomas Rigby posted a list today as well. I’m glad others are having fun too.
- “Down Payment Blues” – AC/DC, Powerage
- “Kid A” – Radiohead, Kid A
- “Sunny Day Suicide” – Chlorophyll, Y100’s Philly File
- “I Could Die for You” – Red Hot Chili Peppers, By the Way
- “Twice as Hard” – The Black Crowes, Shake Your Money Maker
- “My Last Song” – Schaffer the Darklord, Mark of the Beast
- “God Moving over the Face of the Waters” – Moby, MobySongs: 1993 - 1998
- “6 Underground” – Sneaker Pimps, Becoming X
- “The Gloaming (Softly Open Our Mouths in the Cold)” – Radiohead, Hail to the Thief
- “I’m Gonna Love You Just a Little More, Baby” – Barry White, The Ultimate Collection
Artists I’ve seen live: Moby, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Schaffer the Darklord
Favorite track on the list: gonna go with “6 Underground”, but “Twice as Hard” comes in a close second. High school nostalgia coming in hard this week.
Least favorite track on the list: can I go with both Radiohead songs? Imma say yes, because it’s my music, my playlist, my rules.
Problematic: Moby 😒 because he was so creeping on Natalie Portman back in the day. Gross.
Whelp, I’m not going to the Good Place: yes, RHCP used to be my favorite band, and I have seen them multiple times. Sometimes traveling as far as nearly 250 miles from my home.
Serendipitous: two Radiohead songs in one playlist? Out of over 11k songs?
Serendipitous but not really serendipitous: RHCP showed up last week, and here they are again. But considering they used to be my favorite band, I’m not too surprised.