It’s that time again! I’m bringing back something from my old, regular blogging days of the mid-aughts: the Friday Random Ten. I don’t remember who started this tradition, but a bunch of us Philly bloggers would bring this around every Friday. The basic rules are:
- fire up your digital music player
- go to “all songs“ and shuffle play everything
- note the first 10 songs to show up, without skipping anything
- create your playlist
Today’s Friday Random Ten, brought to you by urgently fixing some bugs instead of working on the thing I planned on working on today.
- “Colin Creevey – The Quaffle Kids, Bludgers & Broomsticks
- “If I Didn’t Love You” – Squeeze, Singles: 45's and Under
- “Just One” – Hoobastank, The Reason
- “Aluminum” – Barenaked Ladies, Everything to Everyone
- “Just What I Needed” – The Cars, Complete Greatest Hits
- “With Holes for Thumb-Sized Birds” – Maritime, Daytrotter Session: October 8, 2007
- “Cautioners” – Jimmy Eat World, Bleed American
- “Cybernetic Armor” – Sammus, ANOTHER M
- “Friend of Mine” – Eve 6, It’s All in Your Head
- “On the Boundary” – Y Kant Tori Read, Y Kant Tori Read
Artists I’ve seen live: The Quaffle Kids, Barenaked Ladies, Sammus
On a technicality: I haven’t seen Y Kant Tori Read, but I have seen Tori Amos.
Favorite track on the list: Gonna go with Sammus’ “Cybernetic Armor” this week, although Squeeze and the Cars are fighting for that spot.
Least favorite track on the list: maybe “Just One”? I don’t remember ever buying a Hoobastank album.
Problematic: I absolutely still love wizard rock, and going to those shows (and putting one on myself!) fills me with happy nostalgia. However, fuck J.K.