It’s that time again! I’m bringing back something from my old, regular blogging days of the mid-aughts: the Friday Random Ten. I don’t remember who started this tradition, but a bunch of us Philly bloggers would bring this around every Friday. The basic rules are:
- fire up your digital music player
- go to “all songs“ and shuffle play everything
- note the first 10 songs to show up, without skipping anything
- create your playlist
Today’s Friday Random Ten, brought to you by my anxiety on flying for the first time in almost four years, so I can attend this year’s PCA/ACA annual conference.
- “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” – Johnny Cash, American IV: The Man Comes Around
- “Swear” – Moby, Hotel: Amient
- “Hermione’s Song (You & Me)” – Oliver Boyd and the Rememberalls, Welcome to Wizard Rock
- “Everyone” – Van Morrison, Moondance
- “Country Grammar” – Nelly, Farmclub.com: Live and Unreleased
- “Extra Ordinary” – Better Than Ezra, Closer
- “Milk & Honey” – Beck, Midnite Vultures
- “Taxi” – Harry Chapin, Heads & Tales
- “Story of a Lonely Guy” – Blink 182, Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
- “Brena” – A Perfect Circle, Mer de Noms
Artists I’ve seen live: Moby, Oliver Boyd and the Rememberalls, Better Than Ezra, Beck, Blink 182.
Favorite track on the list: it’s actually kinda difficult this week, but... I’ll go with “Country Grammar”.
Least favorite track on the list: another tough one to pick as this playlist is pretty solid. Hmm. Maybe “Swear” since I’m not quite feeling intrumentals today.
Serendipitous: tracks from Hotel: Ambient came up last week and this week.
Problematic: I absolutely still love wizard rock, and going to those shows (and putting one on myself!) fills me with happy nostalgia. However, fuck J.K.